Re: [hatari-devel] Gentoo bug reports (was: Preparing release 2.3)

On 10/16/20 9:20 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Fri, 16 Oct 2020 00:36:40 +0300
Gentoo bug tracker has one bug about Hatari Clang/LLVM build failing
with Hatari "make test" config file test having "FAILED" status:
*
https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=games-emulation%2Fhatari
* https://739146.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=656960
[...]> I wonder how that could have happened? tests/configfile.sh sets the
HOME environment variable to a temporary directory, so there really
should not be any etos512k.img in the config file here!

... unless they use a global /etc/hatari.cfg file on Gentoo that uses
this path with the "..". That's unfortunate, of course ... I think we
should somehow skip the global config file loading in case we are
running in test mode... I've pushed a quick fix, so this problem should
hopefully be gone now, too.

Thanks, TOS tester can use that too.

But maybe Hatari should output something in this
case, because user might have set HATARI_TEST environment himself for some other reason, and
wonder why things don't work properly?

https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/games-emulation/hatari/files

[1] Joystick patch is already merged by Thomas, and I think tos.img
thing to be due to Gentoo packaging EmuTOS separately:
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/games-emulation/emutos

=> Thomas, could you add item about the joystick change to release
notes, with links to above distro bugs it fixes?

That joystick patch has been submitted via github, I certainly did not
pick it from Gentoo, so I don't see the need to reference Gentoo in our
docs here.

Well, at least the Hatari improvement itself should be listed in our release notes. :-)