Re: [hatari-devel] Things still remaining before v1.8 release?

... and another one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/669647/Hatari.app.troed2.zip

Sorry for the tests, but I think I'm getting there. What I'm trying to achieve is to bundle SDL, CAPSImage, portaudio etc _with_ Hatari so that users won't need to download and install anything else. The showstopper so far has been Hatari at runtime still searching in the wrong places. This was made worse by other libs (CAPSImage .. ) seemingly not having been compiled to be dynamically moved around.

I think that's solved now by a build script that patches embedded libraries - which was used for the image above. The output from otool -L hatari now looks like this:

$ otool -L Hatari.app/Contents/MacOS/hatari
Hatari.app/Contents/MacOS/hatari:
/opt/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib (compatibility version 12.0.0, current version 12.4.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 20.0.0)
/usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 3.0.0)
/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.5)
@executable_path/../SharedSupport/libpng16.16.dylib (compatibility version 29.0.0, current version 29.0.0)
@executable_path/../SharedSupport/libportaudio.2.dylib (compatibility version 3.0.0, current version 3.0.0)
@executable_path/../Frameworks/CAPSImage.framework/CAPSImage (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
@executable_path/../Frameworks/SDL.framework/SDL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 12.4.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation (compatibility version 300.0.0, current version 1056.13.0)
/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 228.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1197.1.1)
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1..dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 2577.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 855.14.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit (compatibility version 45.0.0, current version 1265.19.0)

Specifically the lines starting with @executable_path are new - and now I can start this Hatari.app even after I've removed my CAPSImage and SDL frameworks from the system Frameworks dir. (/opt/local/lib is an artifact of my Macports SDL but _should_ be optional since SDL.Framework is also searched for).

I've also embedded libpng and portaudio - assuming all other libs exist by default. The libs I include should also be universal builds (i386+x64), as well as the app. But - seeing as I only started learning Xcode yesterday I really need other Mac users to help me out. Feel free to mail me outside of the list to make sure we don't spam everyone here :)

/Troed