Re: [hatari-devel] Gentoo bug reports, Hatari PRs and authors.txt

On 10/20/20 7:26 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am 16. Oktober 2020 12:32:35 MESZ schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 10/16/20 9:20 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
HOME environment variable to a temporary directory, so there really
should not be any etos512k.img in the config file here!

... unless they use a global /etc/hatari.cfg file on Gentoo that uses
this path with the "..". That's unfortunate, of course ... I think we
should somehow skip the global config file loading in case we are
running in test mode... I've pushed a quick fix, so this problem
should
hopefully be gone now, too.

But isn't there the same problem also with user's
own config file, not just global one?

Thanks, TOS tester can use that too.

But maybe Hatari should output something in this
case, because user might have set HATARI_TEST environment himself for
some other reason, and
wonder why things don't work properly?

I don't think that we should print out anything in this case. This would only disturb the tests that are catching studio, and it is also very unlikely that a user sets an env var with exactly this name.

Ok, I added note about it to release notes.

https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/games-emulation/hatari/files

[1] Joystick patch is already merged by Thomas, and I think tos.img
thing to be due to Gentoo packaging EmuTOS separately:

https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/games-emulation/emutos

=> Thomas, could you add item about the joystick change to release
notes, with links to above distro bugs it fixes?

That joystick patch has been submitted via github, I certainly did
not
pick it from Gentoo, so I don't see the need to reference Gentoo in
our
docs here.

Well, at least the Hatari improvement itself should be listed in our
release notes. :-)

Could you then please add it? I'm currently very short in time :-(

Done.

I noticed there were also several other pull
requests from 2019 that had ended up in Hatari so
I added those also to release notes:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/?id=25be9430d3cc924751591f14e9451870e08a3b69

Only problem is that I don't know who were the authors of them, except for one. could you add
rest to the authors.txt if you happen to know
who they were?