Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3

Le 15/10/2020 à 23:36, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

Hi

regarding .desktop file, some distros are adding translation for other language.

For example in hatari.desktop, there's a "Comment[fr]". Maybe we could add more translation ?

Also in pythonui.desktop, you use :

Comment=Run old Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon software

There used to be a patch in Mageia to use instead :

Comment=External user interface for Hatari
Comment[fr]=Interface utilisateur externe pour Hatari

Maybe we could use something like that to emphasize that pythonui is not the emulator itself but a frontend ?

[3] I could change all python shebangs to use "python3" as all scripts are compatible to it.

Are more distros now OK with that, than distros that break unless "python" is used?

Mageia does some change for python :

https://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/hatari/current/SPECS/hatari.spec?revision=1542383&view=markup

40 	# Remove shebang from non executable scripts
41 	for pyfile in dialogs.py hatari.py uihelpers.py config.py
42 	do
43 	  sed -i -e '/^#!\//, 1d' python-ui/$pyfile
44 	done

-> it seems you already did this in sources

46 	# Fix interpreter
47 for pyfile in tools/atari-convert-dir.py tools/debugger/hatari_profile.py tools/hconsole/example.py tools/hconsole/hconsole.py python-ui/hatariui.py python-ui/gentypes.py python-ui/debugui.py
48 	do
49 	  sed -i '1s|/usr/bin/env python|%{__python3}|' $pyfile
50 	done

-> this replaces part of shebang by direct path to python3 I guess. Don't know if there's something standard for that and if it's necessary ?