Re: [hatari-devel] Trailing whitespace removal

On 10/16/20 8:17 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Tue, 13 Oct 2020 13:10:00 +0300
Would it be OK to commit changes that remove trailing whitespace
Not sure ... that looks like quite a lot of code churn for little use?
I normally only change that for files that I want to edit afterwards
anyway, and also only if it really bugs me...

I think we should
a) wait for the release first, to avoid that we have accidential
regressions due to this (it's unlikely, but still could happen)
b) add a statement to doc/coding.txt first that says that trailing
white spaces should be avoided.

Ok, that sounds like a plan, thanks!

We might even consider putting something like this to Git hooks to enforce it:
	sed -i 's/[\t ]*$//'