Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3

Le 16/10/2020 à 12:24, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

For example in hatari.desktop, there's a "Comment[fr]". Maybe we could add more translation ?

Because Hatari itself isn't translated (or even
have support for that), I think translating the
desktop entries could be misleading.

But you can add translations if you wish.

I think having translation for the desktop entries is already a good starting point, even if Hatari itself is in english ; at least when the user browse application in the distro he will have an idea of what this program is used for. Some distros are trying to focus on a non english local language, if we can provide a description ourselves it would be more consistant.

At the moment we have :

hatari.desktop
Comment=Run old Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon software

hatariui.desktop
Comment=Gtk UI for Hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon) emulator

I'm not really fan of "Run old software" ; is it an emulator, is it a compatibility layer like Wine for example ?

I'd rather use :
Comment=Emulator for Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon computers

Also in hatariui.desktop, shouldn't it be (change right ')' ) ?
Comment=Gtk UI for Hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator)