Re: [hatari-devel] Things still remaining before v1.8 release?

Le 30/07/2014 18:43, Max Böhm a écrit :
OK, so it's safe to say that users of windows 7, 8 and 8.1 should use the 64
bit version.

yes

I'm not really sure it's worth the time to investigate now why the 32 bit
version doesn't work under these OSes. We can look at this later, but using
the 64 bit version on a 64 bit OS is better anyway.

when you replace the zlib1.dll in the Hatari Windows 32 bit zip
archive by the latest official zlib1.dll version (1.2.8) which you can
find here:

http://zlib.net/zlib128-dll.zip

then also the 32 bit Hatari version works well (no need to recompile).

I found the cause of the problem : to build the zip archive, I replaced only the hatari.exe in the previous 1.7.0 zip archive ; but as I changed my mingw compiler version since building 1.7.0, some dll were not up to date with the newer mingw version I used to compile 1.8.0 (this affected zlib and readline)

This is now updated, I uploaded both zip archives for windows and windows64, please check if you get better results under windows 7.

hatari-1.8.0_windows.zip	2707680 bytes
hatari-1.8.0_windows64.zip	3800105 bytes