Re: [AD] build process overhaul

On Sun, 2005-12-25 at 22:39 -0500, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> The scripts now do the following:
>    * build the library, can build static, debug shared, and debug static
>    * build the examples
>    * build the tools
>    * build the tests
>    * build the docs
>    * build the demo
>
> Have I left any core thing out that the regular makefiles used to do?

Installing. I think, the static/debug.. and so on should be settings
instead of targets, so you could do:

scons install debug=1

That would install the debug library.

scons install debug=1 release=1

That would install the debug and release library. (I know, I said in
#allegro that targets could be used for everything, but I hadn't thought
about installing then..) I assume, the alternative with targets would be
ugly, something like "scons install-debug-static"..

> I havent given to much thought to how addons will work yet. Anyone have
> any requests for any addons I could test stuff on?

dumb, loadpng

The first would be a quite simple one, requiring only Allegro as
external prerequisite, AFAIK. The other would require libpng and libz.

Not sure yet how it should look in detail though..

--
Elias Pschernig