Re: [AD] build process overhaul

On 2005-12-17, Jon Rafkind <workmin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter Wang wrote:
> >
> >Thanks.  It starts now, but the X libraries are not being linked in:
> >
> >Install file: "liballeg-4.3.0.so" as "lib/unix/liballeg-4.3.0.so"
> >gcc -o examples/ex12bit obj/examples/ex12bit.o -Llib/unix -lalleg-4.3.0
> >lib/unix/liballeg-4.3.0.so: undefined reference to `XFreePixmap'
> >lib/unix/liballeg-4.3.0.so: undefined reference to `XSetWMProtocols'
>
> Can you post the output of the configuration stuff?

I should have checked :-P

The problem is that my X libraries are in /usr/X11R6/lib and, by
default, the compiler doesn't look in there.  If I add it to the
`LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable then the configuration works.
However, ALLEGRO_WITH_XWINDOWS is #defined even if the libraries
weren't found.

Also, the maths library needs to be linked in.

Peter