Re: [AD] build process overhaul

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 23:02 -0500, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> BAF gave me access but I got an internal server error when I tried to
> commit, hopefully he is fixing that.

Hm, I didn't commit anything in a while, no idea about that..

>  I changed all TABs to 4 spaces. I
> dont follow the python style guide verbatim but I think the style I use
> is consistent and clean. Im ok with changing though. Is there anything
> in particular you would like to adhere to?

I don't like the spaces after ( and before ).

> I moved all the unix.scons checks into checks.scons and import it into
> unix.scons, as opposed to making each check its own module.

Ok. What I was thinking was when later, we want addons to re-use this.
So ideally, those addons would not have to keep their own versions of
the files (which get out of sync), but just somehow re-use all the
checks from allegro. But I'm not sure yet how it would work in detail.

Maybe something like, a directory "addons" as sub or sibling directory
of allegro, then addons are simply dropped there, and by typing e.g.
"scons loadpng dumb glyphkeeper", it would look at addons/loadpng and so
on, pick up some scons file in each directory, and that can just re-use
allegro's configure checks somehow. So it wouldn't be like now, where
each addon comes with their own build system, and so if you need
something like static linking, or cross compiling, you have to edit a
lot of different makefiles and other build files to get it to work.

> Also I tested the scripts in BSD and they work fine. Ill do OS X next.

Very good.

--
Elias Pschernig