Re: [AD] build process overhaul

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 22:28 -0500, Jon Rafkind wrote:

> I just wanted to show my progress so far because I know this is taking
> forever but I assure you I am slowly but surely getting something done.
> I have the beginnings of configure-like checks but right now it seems
> like user-defined checks always have an error message printed out. I
> posted to the scons list about it but its a pretty minor bug anyway.

Looks good.

You might want to use the 4.3 branch though, get it like this:

svn co http://svn.bafserv.com/svn/allegro/allegro/branches/4.3

And I added "duplicate = False" to the BuildDir() call, so it won't give
bogus error message (obj/*.c instead of src/*.c).

Hm, and then, is it ok to everyone to include the SConscript file, once
somewhat more finished? I don't want you to put much work in it, and
then it turns out we are going for something else. Initially it would
only be additional to the current system of course.

Looking at http://awiki.tomasu.org/bin/view/Main/AllegroBuildSystem, I
must say, also the JAM build script looks nice. If it can work
cross-platform and stay that simple, it definitly is a good choice as
well. Just we would have to keep the M4 macros with it I guess.

--
Elias Pschernig