Re: [AD] build process overhaul

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

On Monday 26 December 2005 04:39, Jon Rafkind wrote:
Have I left any core thing out that the regular makefiles used to do?

Does your build system correctly detect the precense of 64 bit CPU's?

Not really. There is platform.processor() from python but this doesnt tell you explicitly if you have a 64-bit cpu, it just returns a string which is the name of the processor like "Pentium III( Copermine )" on my system. The current checks for an intel cpu, amd cpu, or sparc cpu are assembly programs hardcoded into the build system. I guess someone could write checks for 64-bit cpus as well.

Right now the scons scripts dont build libaldat or the grabber because libaldat requires obj/unix/plugins.h which I dont generate. Should this change in the future?

I think so. We do want the grabber, don't we? ;)
plugins.h isnt used anywhere except for tools/datedit.c and plugins.h for every platform is just
$ cat tools/plugins/*.inc > plugins.h
so why not just cat them into wherever the tools are going to be built and do #include "plugins.h" instead of #include "obj/platform/plugins.h"