Re: [proaudio] Some early questions

On Mon, 15 May 2006 06:01:35 -0700
"Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Yeah, maybe eix can't handle a sourced external overlay list.
> > So Mark, use the "SVN directly" method and edit your make.conf like
> > Steel showed it. Hope it works with eix then.
> >
> > Tom
>
> But it isn't only eix that's having a problem. I cannot emerge a
> pro-audio overlay application even when I know it's name.
>
> It seems to me there's a fundamental problem here somewhere. I don't
> see why the overlay doesn't honor the existing PORTDIR_OVERLAY item
> sicne that's where I've already decided to put things. Anyway I'll try
> changes with the make.conf file sometime later today.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

That's really weird. Look at this example:

with emerge -s:
SiRiUS tom # emerge -s sharpmusique-bazaar
Searching...
[ Results for search key : sharpmusique-bazaar ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  media-sound/sharpmusique-bazaar
      Latest version available: 0.1-r1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 0 kB
      Homepage:      http://fuware.nanocrew.net/pymusique/
      License:       GPL-2

with esearch:
SiRiUS tom # esearch sharpmusique-bazaar
[ Results for search key : sharpmusique-bazaar ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  media-sound/sharpmusique-bazaar
      Latest version available: 0.1-r1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 0 kB
      Homepage:    http://fuware.nanocrew.net/pymusique/
      License:     GPL-2

and the ebuild is in:
SiRiUS tom # equery which sharpmusique-bazaar
/usr/local/overlays/layman/zugaina/media-sound/sharpmusique-bazaar/sharpmusique-bazaar-0.1-r1.ebuild

(cannot use proaudio overlay as example as i use a dev svn co as
overlay which is placed somewhere in my /home)

So there must be some error in your make.conf then i assume. Maybe post
the corresponding parts here.