Re: [proaudio] Some early questions

On Mon, 15 May 2006 06:27:38 -0700
"Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, it now seems incorrect to source the second makefile as it
> appears to be doing, or trying to do, what the changes Steel & I did
> to our make.conf files directly:
>
> lightning ~ # cat /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY="$PORTDIR_OVERLAY
> /usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio"
> lightning ~ #
>
> I'm also unlear why the line in layman/make.conf should be on two
> lines, but that's a minor matter.
>
> So, good news: I can try building a few of the apps from your work.
> THANKS!
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

ah, ok. good it works now.
The two liner in layman/make.conf is correct like that, because when
you use more overlays with layman, it'll look like this:

└» cat /usr/local/overlays/layman/make.conf
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="$PORTDIR_OVERLAY
/usr/local/overlays/layman/portage-xgl
/usr/local/overlays/layman/zugaina
/usr/local/overlays/layman/initng"

so just nicer listing, maybe for better parsing ;)

Regards,
Tom