Re: [proaudio] Some early questions

On 5/15/06, Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2006 12:24:00 +0200
SteelRage <keywiz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage
> > source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
> >
> > - Mark
> >

> I did something like this on may make.conf:
>
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY=""
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY="${PORTDIR_OVERLAY} /usr/local/portage"
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY="${PORTDIR_OVERLAY} /usr/local/portage-proaudio"
>

> Where portage-proaudio is the name I gave to the overlay directory.
> Hope this can help
>
> Steel

Yeah, maybe eix can't handle a sourced external overlay list.
So Mark, use the "SVN directly" method and edit your make.conf like
Steel showed it. Hope it works with eix then.

Tom

But it isn't only eix that's having a problem. I cannot emerge a
pro-audio overlay application even when I know it's name.

It seems to me there's a fundamental problem here somewhere. I don't
see why the overlay doesn't honor the existing PORTDIR_OVERLAY item
sicne that's where I've already decided to put things. Anyway I'll try
changes with the make.conf file sometime later today.

Thanks,
Mark