Re: [proaudio] Some early questions

On 5/15/06, Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 14 May 2006 16:46:42 -0700
"Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Found 0 matches
> lightning ~ # eix whysynth
>
> Found 0 matches
> lightning ~ #
>
> I did try an eix-sync but that didn't help. Sorry if I missed some
> obvious step but I've been over this a couple  of times and don't see
> it.
>
> BTW - I'm on an AMD64 machine. Does this overlay support AMD64? Hope
> so...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mark

Did you update the eix database?
I do not use eix myself, I use esearch which indexes all active
overlays without a problem. So i thought it's the same with eix.
1:0 for esearch again then ;)

Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,
  I also tried updating the eix database. No change. I still do not
see the pro-audio overlay packages either in eix or just using emerge
itself:

lightning ~ # update-eix
Reading Portage settings ..
Building database (/var/cache/eix) from scratch ..
[0] /usr/portage/ (cache: cdb)
    Reading 100%
[1] /usr/local/portage (cache: none)
    Reading 100%
Applying masks ..
Database contains 11046 packages in 147 categories.
lightning ~ # eix ardour2

Found 0 matches
lightning ~ #

I am beginning to think that this is because your overlay directory
does not match the directory I already had in my make.conf file:

mark@lightning ~ $ cat /etc/make.conf
# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that
automatically built this stage
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
USE="radeon mmx mmxext sse sse2 3dnow 3dnowext gnome kde -arts ladspa
nptl nptlonly audiofile gimp gimpprint ppds usb alsa cdr dvd dvdr
dvdread jack jack-tmpfs fluidsynth tcltk sndfile v4l v4l2 mysql flac
xscreensaver -samba i8x0 mythtv apache2 lirc mjpeg xvid real cjk"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.tucdemonic.org/gentoo/
ftp://ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo http://mirror.gentoo.gr.jp
http://www.zentek-international.com/mirrors/gentoo/";
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ALSA_CARDS="hdsp9652"
VIDEO_CARDS="radeon"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage
source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
mark@lightning ~ $

- Mark