Re: [hatari-devel] MODE SENSE update patch

When I looked at the warnings, what crossed my mind was that the
solitary semicolon and the multiple declarations are correct use of
"The C Programming Language". Thus, the warnings are for coding
style.
I believe that experienced programmers get their program to work
without relying on style warnings or syntax errors from compilers.
Changing someone else's code for the sake of the a compiler's
preference will change the _expression_ of the original author.

Eclipse is used for Java so I am suspect of its warnings when using
other languages.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 10:45 AM Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Sat, 26 Mar 2022 17:43:27 +0100
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Just in case you are interested: These warnings are reported by Eclipse with
> the default settings:
>
> Description   Resource        Path    Location        Type
> Suspicious semicolon  configuration.c /hatari/src     line 854        Code Analysis Problem
> Variables should be declared one per line to improve readability      configuration.c /hatari/src     line 510        Code Analysis Problem
> Variables should be declared one per line to improve readability      dmaSnd.c        /hatari/src     line 137        Code Analysis Problem
[...]

I agree that the "Suspicious semicolon" could be fixed to help static
analyzers, but the "one per line" warnings look just like unnecessary
nitpicking to me, so I suggest that you rather switch them off in your
project settings.