Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3

Am Fri, 16 Oct 2020 00:50:28 +0300

> Some automation for build testing different Hatari
> configurations, and running "make test" with them
> would be nice eventually.

See .travis.yml, .cirrus-ci.yml and .gitlab-ci.yml.

> Thomas, didn't you do something already for that
> in your GitHub repo?   If yes, please add link to
> release checklist.

I added the links.

> Another user applied patch to support
> re-producible builds:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:kahu2000/Hatari/0001-no-time-date.patch
>
> => I think we should actually get rid of *_fileid stuff in the
> sources before release.
>
> They're obsolete with GCC adding build IDs to
> object files, and distros requiring reproducible
> builds.  I've never heard anybody needing them...
>
> Is there any objection on me removing them?

They've been useful in the past already to identify whether other
people steal our GPL code into their propriatary emulators, so I'd
rather prefer to keep them. But we could remove the __DATE__ and
__TIME__ macros from them to allow reproducible builds, I guess?