Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Mac OS X vs. bRealTimeClock

Am Sun, 19 Jun 2016 13:43:53 +0200
schrieb Troed Sångberg <troed@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
[...]
> Also, but maybe it's been discussed, as a user I would expect
> selecting Mega ST and Mega STE to tick the greyed out "RTC" box,
> since those machines had the chip.

The RTC option should simply be removed completely now (as it has been
done in the SDL GUI already).

> Also, selecting Mega STE system should select blitter IMHO.

That would be confusing, too. Imagine for example that a user starts in
ST mode (without blitter), then temporarily goes to STE mode, and then
switches back to ST mode - the blitter option then would suddenly be
enabled in ST mode, too, and the user might wonder why it is
"automatically" enabled now.

Actually, this blitter option was often causing confusion in the past
already, and I originally wanted to remove it, just like the RTC
option. But since the original STs could be fitted with a blitter, too,
it's currently still available. So for the SDL GUI, the text has been
renamed to "Blitter in ST mode" to make it clear that this option only
affects the ST mode. Maybe it would be good to change the text in the
OS X GUI, too?