Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing release 2.3 - re-producible builds

Le 21/10/2020 à 12:02, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

Nicolas, do you have any comments on this?

Hi,

I was not aware that reproducible builds (ie binary exact) were used that much. But in what context are they used ? If you build the same sources (no change since some days), what's the point of checking you get the same binary ? (as some system libs/headers can change too in the same time)

fileid can be useful to identify a binary, if only one distro/maintainer wants to remove them, maybe that's not a good enough reason to backport the changes in our code ?