|Re: [hatari-devel] Open Hatari in big window|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Open Hatari in big window
- From: th.huth@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 20:17:48 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1585423069; bh=fHS2NK75d+vDk72l+C4giiZJXqh7IQ5gizLNAP6yPNQ=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=Tm0FcHdv+aSZHuRI9i/zDzviTRQNxZx1bDRGPSfOpTWPSLsQJyqEXMnDoo2Kxwu5j 1mx50Mbwa2E2l+HPEyB5/0i0+LtyA4hztixrD0RBjSr5xvks6mQnkLoz9F55OYVEld O8Tsb497UB14y0oc76uHebdJCxkAlar6Q3hDQ88SqwBuERDB/ZJgYrscxRbEEhIms1 vMFPnOK7Kq3BCmyay5tYLyQUv8Kn3HJdV2BbmxVfh199i1sFIdVeSXkF8CMNPO4ftn oyWHp0F9l93/4LKTejF//xshMdqHMsyn/weiirOYfIVMZFGa6BTw65yt7I9vz8OgiG oFxQS+1j8EhWA==
Am 13.03.2020 23:26 schrieb Eero Tamminen:
On 3/14/20 12:12 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 06/03/2020 à 22:45, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Sorry, on my side I won't have time to review your patch at the
moment, but as I don't think a release is really close (see below), I
guess you can wait for Thomas to be back.
Please check with Nicolas whether he still wants that before or
after the next release.
Nicolas, any comments on this, and how's your
schedule for next release looking currently?
If next release is still 1-2 months away,
I'd like to get the change in, and get some
feedback for it.
I think 2 months might be a target. Will depend on how spare time will
evolve for me in the next days (especially with the covid-19 virus
that might affect a lot of people and schedules at work, with children
or everyday life in general)
Ok, I'll wait until Thomas is back and has
commented on it, and if everything looks OK,
include it for the release.
I'm currently stuck at the other side of the globe, without any
possibility to get back within the next days (there are hardly any
planes flying anymore), and reviewing patches is a pain without a proper
Computer... So here are just some quick comments:
1st patch: Did you check with sizeof(CNF_STRUCT) that this really makes
a difference? Otherwise just drop the patch, please.
+ if (zoom >= 1.0)
+ if (zoom >= 2.0)
ConfigureParams.Screen.nMaxWidth *= 2;
ConfigureParams.Screen.nMaxHeight *= 2;
One if should be enough.
Please also do not separate pfmt from rm, gm and bm.
3rd and 4th patch look ok to me at a first glance.
In latest version ST-low res is always doubled
with SDL2. It was too weird getting mono and
other resolutions doubled, when 2x zooming factor
was saved to Hatari config (as result of using
that to get reasonable sized ST-low res).
To get 320x200 window for ST-low with the patch
set on SDL2, one would need to limit Hatari max
window size to <640x400, and set Zoom factor to 1.
I think that change is acceptable now that GPUs
and high resolutions are common.
That sounds pretty confusing, too. Maybe specifying a zoom factor is the
wrong approach these days, and we should rather provide an option to
select the preferred window size instead? ... Then hatari can decide
completely internally wether the x2 low res renderes should be used or