|Re: [hatari-devel] Open Hatari in big window|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Open Hatari in big window
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 07:25:51 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1583216753; bh=BvikkY0fEtqCWm0hOiHTBEedVskR9TCz6yiw9rmyCX8=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=U5Jgxnqcrc2SdFikUtGc4Gkq9NVYQMa6wc5xpbvN/BEL/VNsyK9ngP9qP2X9BM0Ux msExnYjhPB1cDUSSdP9bVRMxaNY/Vrvotb5aCOzQdpsEeFwaoVtXyO1ATXbCphkryw YDfip6YxkGGTXc8htR8XzTog5+8469Z9VHorSH5jq7E+szE8oN/Hv33gwpI5Kj0Lhv nkdj7FQi7dLoB4JQybiM5e2pgtzEC4fbRD9SIoxUy3l3AebaR7WWmhUn89QjGWr4EY iof5kA4jrrGi5sNOsVmFQiMFgoqChp7Bt/QABj96Nv1KT7S/cqYYB3yK32wc29j2ed AroZOauaSDo3Q==
Am Mon, 2 Mar 2020 22:58:18 +0200
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 3/2/20 4:14 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Mon, 2 Mar 2020 00:26:06 +0200
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> On 2/27/20 1:08 AM, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> >>> Try the attached patch. Code supports floating
> >>> point scaling factors, but command line option
> >>> currently only integer ones.
> >> Vincent, does the patch do what you want?
> >> Thomas, do you have any comments about the patch?
> > Looks reasonable to me at a first glance. Do we also want to support
> > floating point values for the -z parameter, too? In that case, you
> > also have to replace the "atoi()" there.
> Attached patch does that, but then I needed to
> modify also RenderQuality, as linear scaling will
> look horrible with non-integer scaling factors,
> whereas that's the only one that doesn't blur
> the output when using integer scaling factor.
I don't think that modifying RenderQuality automatically is such a good
idea here. That will only cause confusion e.g. when the users have a
look at their hatari.cfg afterwards and wonder why the setting was
I'd say, don't touch RenderQuality here, and if someone minds the
"horrible" scaling (it's a matter of taste anyway), they should change
the RenderQuality setting manually instead.