|Re: [hatari-devel] TT emulation crashes when there is no ACSI drive|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] TT emulation crashes when there is no ACSI drive
- From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 15:25:43 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1565529943; s=strato-dkim-0002; d=seimet.de; h=In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:Subject:To:From:Date: X-RZG-CLASS-ID:X-RZG-AUTH:From:Subject:Sender; bh=viHjD9f/FdvDqhKGATDxe6IR5Mz9jh+QhSBy+Y/Rqr8=; b=KOFmSqAfUY5WNdjH/aVm1kKMNvY74FFE4tYHzFuf21cJstMDYUqtenGbiecweq5rwz WjuuL8XZm5oQqQ8W943q6Jn0RDzvMoo6ra95ckM1ruSylL79jnpgWb2J358qnHKcZTKg +3qFrS2A5o/VcMddOl4oItQUzGnEUbpeChRPdADS5ZhIvkIRY1c/0uPmmpcMQpZFr/dR wRdLGrztJ5/IkGQuACFjOlQE4bGlH2uT79mOL8HVSlXYP8NcoQ3yVMIZFHbIaOpbkDTJ h/KMKbCmE21ey4UevAIW0M+VRLQb563wEoBJsX71R3wweO2MsTXFg+TwNPs2Z0r3vGGP 4VjQ==
I'm not familiar with what Hatari does with the cartridge code. Some
kind of initialization I assume that cannot be executed by different
means I assume?
> Uwe Seimet schrieb:
> > Sounds quite tricky. Why doesn't this also happen on real Atari hardware?
> > I'd assume that there could also be an MFP interrupt at a critical
> > moment.
> Yes, but there you don't have the Hatari cartridge code using additional
> stack space. I suppose those few words make the difference between
> working and crashing.
> Just to illustrate how tight this is: At the call to Pexec(7) in
> load_n_reloc , the stack pointer is at $01E7BA. The basepage of the
> GEMDOS process is at $01E700, so that the register save area extends up
> to $01E77F; meaning there are only 58 bytes of stack left before the
> register save area is corrupted.
>  <https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/src/cart_asm.s#n198>
> Christian Zietz - CHZ-Soft - czietz@xxxxxxx
> WWW: http://www.chzsoft.de/
> PGP/GnuPG-Key-ID: 0x52CB97F66DA025CA / 0x6DA025CA