Re: [hatari-devel] Issue reports on Hatari v1.8.0

Le 12/08/2014 10:12, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:09:44 +0200
schrieb Thomas Huth<th.huth@xxxxxx>:
[...]

A question to Nicolas: It seems like the code in avi_record.c takes a
copy of the SDL surface pointer:

Damn ... hit a wrong button by accident ... what I wanted to say:

avi_record.c takes a copy of the SDL surface pointer when recording is started:

	AviParams.Surface = sdlscrn;

Now, if the user switches to fullscreen, or if the atari program
changes the resolution, that pointer might not be valid anymore.

Maybe we should just stop avi recording when the resolution changes?

Yes, a copy is made at start as it's not expected to change during recording (except if windows changes as in fullscreen)

Another possibility could be to always use "sdlscrn" directly each time "AviParams.Surface" is used ; but I'm not sure it would still work in fullscreen, as height and width can change in that case.

So yes, maybe it's better to stop avi recording when resolution changes.