Re: [hatari-devel] AVI recording crash (was: Issue reports on Hatari v1.8.0)

On tiistai 12 elokuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> > Now, if the user switches to fullscreen, or if the atari program
> > changes the resolution, that pointer might not be valid anymore.
> >
> > Maybe we should just stop avi recording when the resolution changes?
>
> Yes, a copy is made at start as it's not expected to change during
> recording (except if windows changes as in fullscreen)
>
> Another possibility could be to always use "sdlscrn" directly each time
> "AviParams.Surface" is used ; but I'm not sure it would still work in
> fullscreen, as height and width can change in that case.
>
> So yes, maybe it's better to stop avi recording when resolution changes.

Resolution doesn't change just by user action.

For example many Falcon demos change Videl resolution many times,
some of them may do it even many times per second.

Falcon screen scaling code tries minimize number of resulting Hatari
window resolution changes, but it may fail (= require Hatari window
resolution change), depending a bit on the set Atari resolution,
host's monitor resolution and user configured max resolution setting.

Yepyha demo is best (worst :)) example of this:
	http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=8584