Re: [hatari-devel] Issue reports on Hatari v1.8.0

Thomas,

I made the changes to SDLMain.m to the latest Mercurial copy that I downloaded this evening. It does fix the problem so screenshots are again saved in Hatari’s application directory. On my system, I could not find the screenshot anywhere using the old SDLMain.m code. I checked my root directory and my Users directory without finding the screen captures. I also tried running Hatari from my administrator account (my default account is a Standard user) and I still did not find the screen capture files. However, I am assuming that is because of how my system is configured.

The bad news is that the animation capture crashes after you select the directory for the AVI file. However, I tested Hatari without my SDLMain.m changes and it still crashes. This does not happen in the release version. In the OS X version, it crashes in PixelConvert_32to24Bits_BGR. The actual crash is in the 1st statement within the for loop. I could not duplicate the crash in the Windows version. Could you try the Linux version of the current development code and see if you have the same crash? Honestly, I hope the same thing happens in the Linux version since I am confident one of you could fix it very quickly.

Since I know the SDLMain.m changes do not affect the animation capture (because it crashed with a clean Hatari compile without any of my changes), I am submitting the diff file because I think it solves the screenshot directory problem for OS X users.

Bob C