Re: [hatari-devel] libreadline and libtermcap/curses (was: GCC 4.9 is now used on my builds)

Am Sat, 31 May 2014 16:32:43 +0200
schrieb Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Am Fri, 30 May 2014 22:44:05 +0200
> > schrieb Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx>:

> >> Found it. When linking with a static library is also needs either
> >> -ltermcap or -l{n]curses.
> >> I'm no CMake guru so I'm a bit unsure how to fix it.
> >
> > Ok, I've now tried to improve our FindReadline.cmake script a little
> > bit so that it now tries to link against libtermcap or libncurses in
> > case the rl function could not be used alone.
> > Could you please check whether that cures your situation?
> >

> Thanks, but no. It does not, but I'm pretty sure you are on a very
> right track. Include ncursesw as well (I don't think cursesw is a
> library, so there's no need to search for that.) ncursesw is the
> default ncurses library for Ubuntu.

ncursesw ... never heard of that one before. Seems to be some kind of
wide-character version of curses? I doubt that we need to link against
that version since Hatari does not use wide characters. Don't you also
have a normal ncurses on your system?

Also, how do you run cmake for using the static version of libreadline?
Is there something related in CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log or
CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log ?