Re: [hatari-devel] GCC 4.9 is now used on my builds

Am Fri, 30 May 2014 15:37:23 +0200
schrieb Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Christer Solskogen
> <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Nicolas Pomarède
> > <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hah, funny. If readline is static rl_filename_completion_function is
> > gone. If it's a shared library it's found.
>
> And this is most probably CMakes fault, since the function exist in
> both the static and shared readline library.
> Is there a spesific reason why CMakes check for
> rl_filename_completion_function?

Yes, on Mac OS X there is a replacement library for libreadline
(libedit IIRC) which is used there instead. It is pretty much
compatible with libreadline, but it does not feature that function (at
least in the past), so the CMake build system has to check for it
explicitely.