Re: [hatari-devel] No address error when accessing odd addresses?

Am Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:46:36 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> > > One of the problems I observed has not vanished, by the way: When,
> > > with the new core in 68000 mode, ST, TOS 2.06, I enable "Cycle
> > > exact, slower", the names of both IDE devices are displayed like
> > > this: "__ __ __ __ __ __", and accessing the IDE port does not
> > > work. As soon as I disabled "Cycle exact" and reboot everything
> > > is fine again.
> >
> > That works for me, too. When I attach an IDE disk and switch to
> > "Cycle exact" mode, the disk is still detected right and I can
> > access its data from the GEM desktop.
>
> That's strange. Which hard disk driver did you use? I use HDDRIVER, of
> course, and with "Cycle exact" it cannot access the IDE port correctly
> anymore.
> This indicates that when enabling this option Hatari's IDE port
> appears to be different (less compatible) with a real Atari with IDE
> port.

I was using AHDI. Maybe it's a timing problem with HDDRIVER? The "Cycle
Exact" mode is still rather a quick hack in Hatari than really usable,
so some timing actions might still be wrong... I think you can safely
ignore that mode for now until it is really really supported.