Re: [hatari-devel] No address error when accessing odd addresses?

Am Thu, 12 Sep 2013 22:07:05 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> > Now this is very strange. I just wrote a small test program that
> > accesses the memory with an word-access at an odd address - and it
> > generates an address error here when I enable at least the
> > "Prefetch" option.
> >
> > So I am running out of ideas here what could be wrong at your
> > side... could you maybe start from scratch by temporarily renaming
> > your ~/.hatari folder, so that you start in vanilla plain ST mode,
> > and enable the "Prefetch" mode in that run? If that still does not
> > work ... I really don't know...
>
> I ran some more tests today (with the new core), and I must have
> missed something before. After loading my ST-compatible configuration
> and after enabling Prefetch mode, I got the expected address error.
> I'm really sorry that I wasted your time with this thread, but thank
> you for your help ...

No problem. ... in fact, it was maybe good to have some more tests with
that code, since there were problems in the past when changing the CPU
mode, and at least I've spotted some unused variables in the WinUAE core
that I've removed now.