Re: [AD] more 4.1.15 WIP (was: [AD] get_audio_stream_buffer)

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 14:12 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > Hm, I was just thinking - maybe it would be worth a try to try and use
> > the signals version? If the behavior is the same with it, then at least
> > we can be sure it doesn't have much to do with pthreads.
>
> True. Considering the problems I keep seeing with the sigalrm version, I'm not
> sure this helps much though... ;)

Hm, I wonder if we ever will discover what causes them. Some other race
condition probably.

> > I think not, since we don't even know yet what is causing it. But the
> > asm color converters are broken right now,
>
> I don't have acces to the relevant messages at this computer, so I can't check,
> but what was the problem exactly? I seem to recall they worked ok the last time
> I tried them...?
> Worst case, could the problem be worked around by reversing an earlier patch? Or
> d we then need to reverse Henrik's patch? That at least should be in the next
> WIP in my opinion.

Well, originally, they don't work with the signals version since they
write outside their stack frame. To fix that - we'd have to partially
reverse Henrik's patch - that is, disable it for the signals version.
Then, to fix the stack frame issue, a patch was applied which breaks
conversion with a 24-bit destination depth (everywhere, even in
windows :P). But Eric said he's trying to find a fix for it.

> > and the yield_timeslice
> > deprecation won't go in before tomorrow as it looks now.
>
> That would be before the proposed timeframe for CVS freeze.

Oh, I thought 27th..

> > I leave it up to you in any case when to do the release.
>
> Ok :)
> Say, if I handle this one, will you handle the next WIP release?

Heh, sure. But let's see how long it takes until we are ready for
4.1.16, and who will be around to do it by then :)

--
Elias Pschernig