Re: [AD] get_audio_stream_buffer

Myself wrote:
(since all the data is locked). The problem is that not all platforms
> are able to lock the data, and the timer method is unknown to the
> user/programmer.

Yay for ambiguous programming terms, and thinking when you should be asleep. What I meant there was, all the data being handled is locked in memory, however there's no gaurantee the driver is using a semaphore or mutex lock, and that you can't know if the timer is signal/interrupt based or threaded.

Threaded systems should be fine, though the time between getting the buffer and freeing it must be kept to an absolute minimum (as it is now).

This should say, the entire timer where you use the audio stream functions should be kept as fast as possible. No other timers, including the sound driver ones, can run while this one is.

Although my advice is still the same. Do the threading yourself (there are pthreads available for Win32, and Linux/Unix usually comes with them), and keep the audio stream within one thread.

- Kitty Cat