Re: [AD] more 4.1.15 WIP (was: [AD] get_audio_stream_buffer)

> Well, originally, they don't work with the signals version since they
> write outside their stack frame. To fix that - we'd have to partially
> reverse Henrik's patch - that is, disable it for the signals version.

Ok, I'd take that as a last resort... but I'd rather see the issue solved before
going for such a hack.
I'm not sure how many people actually use the sigalrm version. Condidering that
it appears to have been broken for me since 4.1.12, I'd expect at least some
other people using it to run into problem too. Never heard a complaint though...

> Then, to fix the stack frame issue, a patch was applied which breaks
> conversion with a 24-bit destination depth (everywhere, even in
> windows :P). But Eric said he's trying to find a fix for it.

Ok, that'd be cool.
If it affects everything, then I can actually test this on my old 486 with a 24
bit graphics card. It doesn't run Linux or Windows at the moment, but it does
run DOS.

> > That would be before the proposed timeframe for CVS freeze.
> >

> Oh, I thought 27th..

My proposal was to freeze the CVS tree over night from tuesday to wednesday.
Implementing a mild feature freeze except for current issues (aka, the colour
converter) may be good anyway.

> Heh, sure. But let's see how long it takes until we are ready for
> 4.1.16, and who will be around to do it by then :)

:)
I'd love to see WIPs coming out again at a regular pace. But yeah, we'll just
have to see how it goes.

Evert