Re: Why cookutils and no 4.0 yet

I think i may try cooker if some of these changes are added:

1) Need to add recompress of lzma into cook. This so can can disable recompress for packages that don't needed it. Icedtea6-jdk for example depends on that. Otherwise the recompress sources will for it will not work. You will have to add lzma into SETUP_PKGS for this to work.

2) Need to add COOK_OPT into cook. This is for compatible with tazwok and to make it should can disable repacking sources in package.

3) https support. Added the real wget to your SETUP_PKGS will help with this. This is the code you need:

        https://*)
            [ -L /usr/bin/wget ] && tazpkg get-install wget --forced
            wget -c --no-check-certificate -P $SRC $WGET_URL || \
                (echo -e "ERROR: wget $WGET_URL" && exit 1) ;;

This was the way of doing it based on tazwok work.

4) Repos and tazchroot support. Tazchroot was designed for doing chroot. Where tazdev is doing everything for tank  i think. By using tazchroot you can make a custom tazchroot.conf that will have your create_chroot, mount_chroot, and unmount_chroot functions. This makes it simple to make a configure-chroot for cooker.

4b) I also a incoming folder would be nice in case of big rebuild depend screw up other packages. I would like repos so i can be sure the depends are installed. Otherwise i always feel that its not doing it right. It also is useful in the since i can just build something in thats in incoming and install it on my desktop.

5) I think it would be good to reduce some of the duplicate code in that we make a libcook file. This way we just source it and reduce the size for both cook and cooker.

PS. We need a meeting on irc guys. This includes you pankso. The wok is to big to not have depends checking anymore. So we need to solve this fast too.