Re: Why cookutils and no 4.0 yet

slitaz-tools get all the installed depends cause it has compile_rules. Also it does make msgfmt in compile_rules so there is good reason not move it to genpkg_rules. Only cause depends will not be skip but build_depends too.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The main reason for tazwok was the depends check. With nearly 3000
> packages its better for tazwok to know what is needed if its not in
> build depends. This allowed receipts to be more in line with
> archlinux PKGBUILDs. The makedepends is only used when needed. In
> slitaz BUILD_DEPENDS is used for almost every package cause it
> doesn't detect.

Yop but the way tazwok handle that is perfectible. Your removed some
BUILD_DEPENDS because tazwok autoinstall development packages of DEPENDS
but this is not a wanted behavor. If we have 2 variable from the begin
of project ther is a reason: some need a dep to build but not to run or
inverse.

Look for example to slitaz-tools build, tazwok install 11 packages to
build a package that dont even use make... and are only copied files.
http://bb.slitaz.org/log.php?version=cooking&package=slitaz-tools

And one thing... you mention Arch a lot. First you could never do in
arch what you do in slitaz, in arch each pkg have a owner and you must
wait on him to upgrade/fix or create your own. Second they have
build_depends and last: I'ts not my ref and was not my ref when think
and creating slitaz. Look to FreeBSD pkgsrc, look to the clean
organization and standardization they have. IMHO BSD should be use
as reference.