Why cookutils and no 4.0 yet

Hi all,

He is a small resume of the situation and why I'm working on cookutils
and not just make 4.0

    * From end of last year wok was fozen but update never stops
    * When I was in holiday in december/janury some people decided to
      use an experimental tools as main build tools, it broke a lot of
      things and delayed to release cycle.
    * Tank was crashing a lot and then FSF said they cant' handle the
      load so we had to find and put in place a new server (Thank again
      to Thomas, the box work like a charm) and this delayed again the
      release cycle.
    * When I realize that and realize the huge and incredibale work
      done on Tazwok in the same time, I thought "ok we cant revert that
      we must give this tazwok-exerimental it chance"
    * It's what we done and we used new Tazwok on Tank, but 3 month
      later new tazwok was still not running as a build bot and is
      difficult to maintain on Tank for me and other tank maintainers.
    * Worse, with last cooking we got a lot of kernel panic, this is
      very bad. With help on the forum we found that thes kernel panics
      was caused by a change in kernel processor type.
    * To fix this kernel issue I changed linux config, but then API
      change and a lot of packages must be rebuild (that normal and I
      was ready to rebuild them) so I wanted to rebuild toolchain on
      tank with tazwok and it fails 3 times. This was to much and the
      first reason to start new cookutils.
    * I all this time I got private mail and read here on the list
      complain about new tazwok to difficult to use and improve if you
      not a guru: second reason to code cookutils.
    * Finaly, we want a build bot working on tank before 4.0, because
      we want a build bot for stable and cooking, this let us send
      upgrade to stable easily and got packages builded automaticaly.

The goal is not the release for release but to release a stable
version, so we will release when ready. I think it's not a problem
since SliTaz have 5 years now and we NEEDED huge change is build system
because they was wrote when slitaz had 300-400 packages but handling
nearly 3000 package is an other story.

Now we need help to test cookutils and in a few times (say 10 days) we
will need packages testing. I also think Godane would apreciate help on
Tazwok since Gokhaley a less time to debug it now and also would
apreciate help on test slitaz source DVD.

Hope it's help to clarify the situation,