Re: LMMS 0.4.0-beta (was: Re: [proaudio] ProAudio current state)

On Fr, 08.08.08 18:56 Alexis Ballier <aballier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry for late response. Work time and good weather keep me away from
my box :)

> > > What's the midi useflag for in the stk ebuild ? I see no use of it
> > > besides dying like hell if alsa-lib isn't built with it.
> >
> > Imagine USE="oss -alsa midi"
>
> What if I have alsa-lib installed and use=-alsa -midi ? Would that
> mean an automagic on alsa-lib ?
> I usually don't care about use=-alsa midi cases when midi means
> alsaseq support which is enabled in alsa-lib if one wants it;
> sometimes its mandatory, sometimes it can work just fine without it.
> That's not perfect, but ho well...

OK.

> > Regarding the demos, examples etc. This is such a BIG mess.
> > in projects/demo we have the binaries + .dsp files, and a subdir
> > scores with all the instrument definitions.
> >
> > So we'll end up with
> > /usr/libexec/stk/demo/{binaries+.dsp files}
> > /usr/share/stk/demo/scores/*.ski
> >
> > The examples again come with binaries+dsp files, and own scores and
> > rawwaves.
> >
> > I'm not sure atm what is worse, installing bins in /usr/share or
> > picking this mess in pieces...
>
> I think it can be simpler: .dsp and .dsw files are ms visual studio
> project files, so we couldn't care less ;)

Indeed. Thanks! Removed from install.

> The way its currently done gives me some warnings:
> doexe: warning, skipping directory projects/examples/midifiles
> doexe: warning, skipping directory projects/examples/rawwaves
> doexe: warning, skipping directory projects/examples/scores
>

> By the way the -exec rm -f {} \; in the find call can probably be
> replaced by -delete. One thing I'm not sure with that for + find call

Rrrright.

> is: wouldn't 'for i in *.bat *.cpp *.h *Makefile* *.tcl' expand *.bat
> & friends before giving it to find ? Perhaps it would be simpler to do
> find -name foo -o -name bar etc. and forget about the for.

Would work only for the files in $PWD I guess.

> It seems that some examples need the tcl subdir also.
> To keep the install of the examples easy, perhaps it could be possible
> to just copy/paste the PROGRAMS variable from the makefile into doexe
>

> Please use dohtml for installing html stuff ;) (not sure, but maybe
> you won't need anymore to remove the .map and .md5 then)

Done, thanks!

> Ho and some nitpick: you don't need to quote $PN ;)
>

> Ho and the lazy man option would be to completely forget about the
> examples (have you tried them? which one are cool?)

I was thinking of exactly that too :)

> Alexis.

Regards,
Tom