Re: [proaudio] ProAudio current state

> I'll look at LMMS again. That's one great app I'd really like to see
> in portage. Recently got removed from sunrise in favor of our's, but
> some things have to be checked and cleaned up, like VeSTige license
> (their reverse-engeneered VST header - LGPL'ed) and it's
> functionality on amd64. And this build-system-mess called STK.

Yep; I had been playing with it some time ago. And I agree stk is a
mess, I patched it like hell to have it build. I ended up having more
or less the same patches as in the overlay.
Plus some additions:
- doc useflag (you can run doxygen in ${S}/doc/doxygen to build it)
- examples useflag to install or not the stuff in projects/
- debug useflag (--enable-debug)

some others I just spotted using the overlay's ebuild, not sure if mine
was the same:
- it ignores ldflags
- it installs binaries in /usr/share ('projects/*' stuff)
- why installing the sources ?
- why is it in media-sound category and not media-lib ?
- the patches to get a shared lib should *really* go upstream
- the other patches should also go upstream but that's far less
important than making it build a shared library without upstream ack.
- why is a reconfigure needed ? (there are two econf calls)

Now for lmms:
- pic must not be an useflag, libtool will do the right thing
- it seems there is a pulseaudio option for 0.4 alphas
- I see no --with/without ladspa option in configure.ac
- neither a libsrc option
- it seems there is a fluidsynth option for 0.4
- same for libsf (libsndfile)
- same for fftw3
- isn't it possible to fix parallel make with vst ?

ok that's a lot of nitpicking but I'd really like to have it in the
tree, and if you're motivated to proxy maintain it that's even better ;)

> And the quizz... Is genstef still active? He was/is my mentor (for
> over a year *shame*).

I think he is, though I've not seen him for a while; maybe he's just
slower because of the summer ;)

Alexis.