Re: LMMS 0.4.0-beta (was: Re: [proaudio] ProAudio current state)

> > > I guess every release of stk will cause some pain, but it seems
> > > they do not release too often. So if all is fine after all
> > > binaries are in libexec and really all unneded sources don't get
> > > installed, then.. why not :)
> >
> > So let's try to get stk too then:
> >
> > Please try the enclosed patch for ldflags also; it seems fine here
> > with asneeded and gnu hash, dunno what were the problems you
> > encountered.
>
> Works fine with my ldflags, no idea what went wrong before.

Cool

> > What's the midi useflag for in the stk ebuild ? I see no use of it
> > besides dying like hell if alsa-lib isn't built with it.
>
> Imagine USE="oss -alsa midi"

What if I have alsa-lib installed and use=-alsa -midi ? Would that mean
an automagic on alsa-lib ?
I usually don't care about use=-alsa midi cases when midi means
alsaseq support which is enabled in alsa-lib if one wants it; sometimes
its mandatory, sometimes it can work just fine without it. That's not
perfect, but ho well...

> > Also it would be nice to generate and install the doxygen docs ;)
>
> Seems they are already generated in doc/html, adding useflag :)
>
> Also added debug useflag.

Thanks.

> Regarding the demos, examples etc. This is such a BIG mess.
> in projects/demo we have the binaries + .dsp files, and a subdir
> scores with all the instrument definitions.
>
> So we'll end up with
> /usr/libexec/stk/demo/{binaries+.dsp files}
> /usr/share/stk/demo/scores/*.ski
>
> The examples again come with binaries+dsp files, and own scores and
> rawwaves.
>
> I'm not sure atm what is worse, installing bins in /usr/share or
> picking this mess in pieces...

I think it can be simpler: .dsp and .dsw files are ms visual studio
project files, so we couldn't care less ;)

The way its currently done gives me some warnings:
doexe: warning, skipping directory projects/examples/midifiles
doexe: warning, skipping directory projects/examples/rawwaves
doexe: warning, skipping directory projects/examples/scores

By the way the -exec rm -f {} \; in the find call can probably be
replaced by -delete. One thing I'm not sure with that for + find call
is: wouldn't 'for i in *.bat *.cpp *.h *Makefile* *.tcl' expand *.bat &
friends before giving it to find ? Perhaps it would be simpler to do
find -name foo -o -name bar etc. and forget about the for.

It seems that some examples need the tcl subdir also.
To keep the install of the examples easy, perhaps it could be possible
to just copy/paste the PROGRAMS variable from the makefile into doexe

Please use dohtml for installing html stuff ;) (not sure, but maybe you
won't need anymore to remove the .map and .md5 then)

Ho and some nitpick: you don't need to quote $PN ;)

Ho and the lazy man option would be to completely forget about the
examples (have you tried them? which one are cool?)

Alexis.