Re: [proaudio] ProAudio current state

On Mi, 06.08.08 23:41 Alexis Ballier <aballier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > 3) if we fix things, write bug reports on b.g.o. to get it fixed
> > in-tree
> > 4) if we add new things -> b.g.o. and get it into the tree
>
> Yes, please do it; it might take time for new packages but for
> improvements on the existing ebuilds its a must have and should be
> applied rather quickly.
> I say it might take time for new packages because we usually receive
> tons of such mails and quite frankly, I jump on new ones only if I
> have a particular interest in it; which usually means that I have
> heard of it by some way or another. If I remember correctly, some of
> you talked to me about traverso a good bunch of time ago, and I'm
> very thankful because I like it very much and I would probably not
> know about it yet if this hadn't happened.
>
> > 5) finally manage to get that freaking gentoo-dev quizz done and
> > join the official Gentoo pro-audio herd (/me waves to Alexis :))
> > and then use this overlay only for experimental stuff that does not
> > (yet) fit in the QA level of portage.
>
> Please do it too ;) That's of course the best and simplest solution
> for everyone in the end.
>
> We could also add a 4.5) Proxy maintain some packages.
>

> Regards,
>
> Alexis.

Hi,

great! Let's get this done, finally.

I'll look at LMMS again. That's one great app I'd really like to see in
portage. Recently got removed from sunrise in favor of our's, but some
things have to be checked and cleaned up, like VeSTige license (their
reverse-engeneered VST header - LGPL'ed) and it's functionality on
amd64. And this build-system-mess called STK.

And the quizz... Is genstef still active? He was/is my mentor (for over
a year *shame*).

Cheers,
Tom