Re: [hatari-devel] Disassembler crashes if not in supervisor mode

On 22.12.2022 19.56, Andreas Grabher wrote:
Am 22.12.2022 um 00:03 schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
If you cannot run the same program on Hatari, you could just write suitable block of memory to a file from Previous and load it in Hatari debugger, then try to run / disassemble it in Hatari, to see whether that crashes too.

That is a bit beyond my debugging skills.

From debugger builtin help:
------------------------------
> h savebin
'savebin' - save memory to a file
	Save the memory block at <address> with given <length> to
	the file <filename>.
> h loadbin
'loadbin' or 'l' - load a file into memory
Usage:  l <filename> <address>
	Load the file <filename> into memory starting at <address>.

Did you ever run the debugger in Hatari while address translation (MMU) is enabled and in effect?

Sure, for NetBSD and Linux. But I just tried also plain EmuTOS desktop under TT + MMU emulation.

Neither of the disassemblers caused any crashes.

I think debugger in general uses physical addresses, not MMU translated virtual ones.