|Re: [hatari-devel] Disassembler crashes if not in supervisor mode|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Disassembler crashes if not in supervisor mode
- From: Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 18:56:41 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=1a1hai; t=1671731818; bh=eiLl6zHoPA3XyPTjn4Cuz36Fk19g66KNaZ2up7tuvcY=; h=From:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:Date:To:Message-Id; b=cGiddjdKgxh3HYs4HBpXcyeCnU9rd7IZfip4YVkCvmw9wWbpcS0EQKDladEoqm9Ei lkwrQEJhQ51QTBvu3Wck0Tw79NehJKl/DYqd8y1aHOw3zC9yDtt5bTBpadPdm/tElY T44fLW2wlqkhVkJ/AfYah+ia0hCwd5Pxw9we2QRp+9AcLuuE+hGB2UfcehcClqbNIE FlRqdSlB4XJRSjCOyZ3vcA8vmlR/ZBkUhFVWpcALFnHEiV0uh1Do7+cyOCgdoojD+h J/5Z68rizNMCnXHXxI5BT3nQW11dqn4FVg3MYDAHQEIu4zJYcRpct0sXbBiRnZsPsf NVVoAzmpYLKAg==
> Am 22.12.2022 um 00:03 schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 21.12.2022 19.47, Andreas Grabher wrote:
>>> Am 21.12.2022 um 09:51 schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> On 11.12.2022 17.45, Andreas Grabher wrote:
>>>> I added back some of the disassembler functions to Previous. It seems that the disassembler crashes the whole application with strange error (error report fails). I think it might be related to bus error and try/catch (using longjumps in C).
>>>> The problem seems to only occur if the CPU is in user mode. I am using 68030 with MMU (run_mmu030()). Is this a known issue?
>>> No. Never heard of such issue. Maybe it's Previous specific?
>> Maybe. It might only happen with functions that use try/catch. Previous uses 68030 and 68040, both with MMU.
>>>> Failing call is in DebugInfo_Default() -> Disasm().
>>> Do you have a backtrace?
>> The debugger seems to not show where exactly the crash happens. It is somewhere in Disasm() and its subroutines.
> If you cannot run the same program on Hatari, you could just write suitable block of memory to a file from Previous and load it in Hatari debugger, then try to run / disassemble it in Hatari, to see whether that crashes too.
That is a bit beyond my debugging skills. Did you ever run the debugger in Hatari while address translation (MMU) is enabled and in effect?
>>>> Calling the disassembler with the disasm command also crashes the application.
> - Eero