|Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari screen test|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari screen test
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 12:12:49 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1590747171; bh=4ycvFI6Y8WID4iRdW0CbMJtcejGf3Fhmrwcde5/hCDA=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=qJhKcpYnaYf7whLtXkeMpbLPcOGUdculvqLR91LbgQ/mE6YLTc/0vhL2ovaLF/WXx Lwnrz+1Rda5ZVb5yWLNGH1vg1akuFEHMaJnbQbNwVLq92lYB8pBoo5NI8NDjfwmBTv WRkvByRv1ZeuxQdLP4J14WNT1gvTQrCGDhPlm1+kh+0zRmE616/+3hvJQt8DKpRD/t lPlml+4xUQ+wHOH42vktHu0Ux7gHjPxZrSVexrFeAjevR/6FpG10g8yB0BTCd1g7gV hOaWwYUhe1qTWw/PCfSl75Nx5ErA93WSemNrHkN4ztYwfctLi1ABCEcRtGktpWrgen D/dNjtuzHzkyw==
Am Fri, 29 May 2020 12:07:51 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Le 29/05/2020 à 12:02, Thomas Huth a écrit :
> > I just notice another thing: Please check your --frameskips
> > setting. If it is set to something different than 0 (it is "auto"
> > by default), then you could run into the situation that the screen
> > is not updated yet, though it should be correct already from the ST
> > side.
> looking at this, if NF_SCREENSHOT is not used, maybe the fullscreen
> test could use at least NF_PRINT after 5 or VBL of fullscreen were
> displayed, so the test program can know that that it's OK to grab a
> screenshot now.
> this would be much easier than waiting for specific breakpoint or
> register content, and would also work if frameskip is != 0.
I think I've found now a nice solution: The test program now checks the
TOS version at the end of the screen, and if it's TOS 0.01 a.k.a
Hatari's FakeTOS, it jumps to a routine that takes a screenshot via
XBIOS #20 and then exits. Thus, no more command-FIFO polling in the
test script, no more races, the test should still run on an original
ST, and the test runs visibly faster in "make test".