Re: [hatari-devel] fixing errors reported by GCC 10 -fanalyzer

Am Wed, 13 May 2020 18:59:19 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 13/05/2020 à 18:49, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
>
> > If tester knows whether it succeeded, it can use
> > NatFeats to output results with minimal impact.
> >
> > Here's example assembly and C-code for AHCC,
> > GCC/GAS and VBCC/VASM:
> > https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/tests/natfeats
> >

> it depends on the case, most of the time interpreting the results
> means looking at the screen and  checking if some pixels are aligned
> or in different colors (depending on which video test is performed),
> which is not usable with natfeats.

We could maybe create a screenshot at the end and then compare if the
result is the same as a reference picture? Or we could hexdump the
screenshot and look for some magic byte sequences there? ... sounds all
a little bit fragile, but still better than nothing, I guess.

Or we add something similar to what is now done in the QEMU regression
test suite:

 https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=tests/acceptance/machine_arm_integratorcp.py;h=49c8ebff78bd0aac;hb=HEAD

i.e. use Python OpenCV to hunt for the right results in the screenshots.