Re: [hatari-devel] fixing errors reported by GCC 10 -fanalyzer

On 5/13/20 10:07 AM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 13/05/2020 à 07:48, Thomas Huth a écrit :

By the way, some automatic regression tests that excersize the border
removal and spec512 code would be great... does anybody have some code
and/or ideas that could be used for this?

I have some custom test programs that I use to check for regression in vbl/hbl and some very low level video timing related things. I usually test them before a release (it doesn't catch all possible cases but it's a good basis).

But at the moment it's hard to integrate them into Hatari's test suite, as the code is not made to output parsable text output : you need to look at the result on screen (which can be some pixels with different colors) to interpret them.

If tester knows whether it succeeded, it can use
NatFeats to output results with minimal impact.

Here's example assembly and C-code for AHCC,
GCC/GAS and VBCC/VASM:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/tests/natfeats