Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari screen test

On 5/27/20 8:50 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Wed, 27 May 2020 19:39:19 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
By using natfeats calls and waiting for a specific message, you know
the test is in progress / complete, you just have to wait for each
messages that the test can print.

I'm not sure whether introducing natfeats calls into a sensitive test
program like the fullscreen test is such a good idea - it's a cycle
accurate test program that you can also run on a real ST for
comparison. If we now add natfeats there, you first have to struggle to
get the cycles of the sync code right again, and then it also won't
work on a real ST anymore... so while natfeats are good and nice for
other tests (and we're indeed using natfeats calls in other tests
already), using the debugger for this test like Eero suggested sounds
like a better idea to me.

It requires pushing file name pointer to stack,
and NatFeats instruction, but those are needed
only at the *end* of the screen, so why they would
affect cycles used while drawing the screen?