|Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari screen test|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari screen test
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 13:52:53 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1590753174; bh=X8lqoKpX5FVB2e5+LsgXw6XDVr45R9deSqapFgOI8b4=; h=Subject:To:From:Date:From; b=AFiStSDyq/usHfI9TKQ7ZVf3LKqLGM6cQbO+jDIooujVuS++am5Sn2xn3Gzo1fY4L JUqRENoqXKNYn9gCDVJnxASEFpR8nDjIsBvOYdEs48wPRs/6hmKWo4WXcmQSCDiVvu lRHO7sh8Ifo1A4l7J9+9BPlGhUMCkR0aKcmqhxqQaKCFc1Zp//VaaPAflCDYrIZ/hM R3DUdbY8hbs22Lrg4qGE41tOprTldX4FjVrR2zENaJSkPN5WVrHNJOjBQUf1d+C6Lb +ptM5qJZEFQ2O1gv3eWIhJf+e3k82qoYp8mEcyIwcBmSRCzLeq88eEJ64KTXH6cHFU tbMcAqhkx+EMA==
On 29/05/2020 13.41, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On 5/29/20 1:12 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
>> I think I've found now a nice solution: The test program now checks the
>> TOS version at the end of the screen, and if it's TOS 0.01 a.k.a
>> Hatari's FakeTOS, it jumps to a routine that takes a screenshot via
>> XBIOS #20 and then exits. Thus, no more command-FIFO polling in the
>> test script, no more races, the test should still run on an original
>> ST, and the test runs visibly faster in "make test".
> I agree, this looks the best solution.
> - Eero
> "Hatari doesn't provide just a hammer, it includes
> also a selection of screen^H^Hewdrivers, and
> a chainsaw."
LOL, yes. But maybe we should still add some separate tests for the
command fifo and the advanced debugger magic, just to make sure that
there are no further regressions in that area in the future...