Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari fails to run AUTO programs from GEMDOS C: (was: Hatari freezing when running FIX24.PRG)

> It *is* a bug in Hatari. Analysis with Hatari 2.1 shows:

Interesting analysis.

> to set the "Boot faster by patching TOS & sysvars" option, which will

Yes, this works fine. I would have expected Hatari to be more compatible
with real Ataris when *not* enabling this option.

> Possible bugfixes: Set bootdev only after memory has been cleared, e.g.
> in GemDOS_Boot or by hooking hdv_boot like a HD driver would do.

Is there any hard disk driver that makes use of hdv_boot? From what I can
tell AHDI does not, and HDDRIVER also does not. Usually the bootstrap code
in the root sector checks whether a partition has an executable boot sector.

Best regards

Uwe