Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari freezing when running FIX24.PRG

> thanks for this program, but unfortunately I can't reproduce any crash.
>
> I copied fix24.prg to my gemdos drive then ran :
>
> hatari -c ../my_tests/hatari_uwe.cfg  -d /others/ST/D  --machine tt
> --tos ~/Emul/ST/tos306fr.img -s 14 --ttram 16 --mmu on --addr24 off
> --cpu-exact on --compatible on
>
> from the desktop I launched fix24.prg which exited cleanly and tos still
> work, no crash.

How did you ensure that TT-RAM was completely unallocated when starting
FIX24? Please see the notes in my previous posting: FIX24 usually has to
be run (as first program) from the AUTO folder. Otherwise some TT-RAM may
already have been allocated, and then it's too late to disable 32 bit
addressing, because running programs are already using it.
Please also check the startup message of FIX24, which reports if TT-RAM
is already in use.

> I don't use any ASCI/IDE drives, I don't think it makes a difference

Correct, drives do not matter here.

> Could you try to run it from a fresh / new config with Hatari's default
> and passing parameters as in my example above ?
>
> This is really strange that you still get crash in romspeed and fix24
> when it works for me now.

Please see above, run FIX24 as first program in the AUTO folder.

Best regards

Uwe