Re: New macOS 2.1.0 release candidate (Was: [hatari-devel] crash on the osx gui)

Hi Bob,

I fully agree and I understand that Hatari developers mostly use Linux and cannot fix all bugs in this release especially if these bugs are not critical or if they were already present in previous Hatari versions for a long time (which is the case of the Screenshots issue).

My purpose was just to log all the issues I found during my testing campain so that this information is not lost.

Then it's up to the developers to track these bugs, assign priorities and decide when they will be fixed.

A TODO file is probably the simplest way to achieve this.

However a few bugs are actually "software regressions", meaning they were not present in previous Hatari releases and appear in this release.

It was the case of the macOS UI crash and it is probably the case of the garbage displayed in fullscreen mode (I need to double-check but I was not able to reproduce this issue with Hatari 2.0).

In my opinion, software regressions should be addressed in priority as users expect a new release to improve software quality.

That being said, I also thank Hatari developers for their great work!

Sebastien